#175: RFE: GUI for configuration

Support forum for minisatip
hitam4450

Post by hitam4450 »

Hi,

is already or will be a GUI for configuration available anytime soon?

regards, hitam4450
CvH

Post by CvH »

Just sayin, a gui on base of extJS 6.x would be great. OMV and Tvh made use of it (more or less good at different points) and deliver a full featured and easy to extend gui without to much coding efforts.
hitam4450

Post by hitam4450 »

my proposal: any kind of Gui (Web based, ncurses, etc) would be very helpful and very much appreciated!

Have a nice day and a successful start into the new week!

regards, hitam4450
catalinii

Post by catalinii »

It is a good idea, If someone is keen to give it a try (about html design) I am open to to it...
hitam4450

Post by hitam4450 »

Hi,
since I am struggling to understand all the parameters I do not have any clue at this time on how to format and design a layout of a possible interface! Sorry for that! However, I will be doing testing and give feedback!

regards, hitam4450
lars18th

Post by lars18th »

Hi,

My suggestion is: make a decoupled development between the GUI and the minisatip server. How to do? Implement a simple REST API in the HTTP interface of the minisatip for configure some options/commands/paramenters. Then create an INDEPENDENT webpage (html files) for request the API. These html files can be created from anyone different than the main developer of the minisatip.

You agree?
catalinii

Post by catalinii »

Well for the read only interface this is done, for the RW REST is a possibility.

But yeah right now everyone who has a good idea can push a bew status.html