Frontends cannot be opened in RW mode

Support forum for minisatip
jockyw2001

Frontends cannot be opened in RW mode

Post by jockyw2001 »

Hi Cata,

I just cross-compiled minisatip for my sh4 based Atemio and Kathrein sat receivers. When I start it I see that the 2 tuners in this box cannot be opened in RW mode. Is there anything I can do about that?

In the Makefile I have disabled CSA and CA:

Code: Select all

DVBCSA?=no
DVBCA?=no
SATIPCLIENT?=yes
kathi96:/var/media/autofs/sda1/swapextensions/bin# ./minisatip -f -x 8081
[24/06 16:09:20.000]: Starting minisatip version 0.3.39, compiled with s2api version: 0501
[24/06 16:09:20.002]: New UDP socket 3 bound to 0.0.0.0:1900
[24/06 16:09:20.003]: New UDP socket 4 bound to 239.255.255.250:1900
[24/06 16:09:20.013]: Could not open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 in RW mode (fe: -1, dvr: 7)
[24/06 16:09:20.015]: Could not open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 in RW mode (fe: -1, dvr: 7)
[24/06 16:09:20.016]: Initializing with 0 devices
Regards,
JockyW
jockyw2001

Re: Frontends cannot be opened in RW mode

Post by jockyw2001 »

Of course, after killing the running DVB middleware ("titan") it works fine :)

I will now try to build the CSA lib and see if I can get it to work with Oscam which is also running on the same receiver.

Can it also work with Oscam running on another receiver in my network?

PS: a donation is on the way. Many thanks for your work !
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Thank you very much for the donation.

Regarding Makefile, you do not really need the SATIPCLIENT, which can be used only when you want minisatip to connect to other sat>ip servers (act as a client).

About OSCAM, I am not sure how powerful is your receiver to be able to decrypt the stream, but yes it should be able to connect to an oscam in the network.
If you have /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 you might be able to use that to decrypt the stream by the hardware receiver.

Thanks
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Hi cata,

I wanted to reply to your PM, but I'm not authorized. Perhaps you can configure that.

Concerning OSCAM, I am now building a sh4 version with dvbcsa support. What would be the minisatip cmd line if I want to use the the OSCAM process running on the same receiver? And what would it be if OSCAM is running on another receiver?

For what functionality is the http daemon listening on port 8080 ?

Concerning client functionality I think this can be very useful for me to distribute sat programs in-house to rooms where I don't have coax connectivity. For example I would like to add viewer functionalities to a minisatip running in client mode. I am also considering to develop a SAT>IP viewer app for my Samsung TV. I should have bought a Panasonic TV in the first place :)
If I run minisatip as a client and run it in foreground mode it says "Initializing with 1 devices". I haven't looked yet in the source code, but what is it doing now? Does minisatip create a virtual tuner device which can be used by the middleware, in my case "titan" ?

By the way, unfortunately SAT>IP doesn't work with VPN.

/JockyW
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

I will look into the permission problem.
the command line option for oscam is -o.

Basically a satin server is a rtsp and http streaming server. rtsp is on port 554 and http is on 8080.

About the app, I have managed to get serviio to run as dlna server and to stream data from minisatip, but there are still issues there.
Initializing with 1 device it means that it has available one device and it can stream the content from that device based on the http/rtsp url.

Yes that is normal, the easiest way is to have a minisatip act as a server in one network and one minisatip act as a client and server in another network (parameters -s to specify a satip server to connect to).

Basically minisatip does not create or export devices, but the functionality is to offer a streaming server so it does not need even root privileges (if you want to listen on a port <> 554).

Thanks
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Concerning minisatip client functionality I think it would be nice if the userland application running on the sat receiver (in my case "titan") continuous to talk to /dev/dvb/adapterX via DVBAPI function calls. However, if minisatip is running in client mode and is connected to a satip server running on another receiver, these DVBAPI function calls are routed via minisatip client to the satip server. Do you think this is feasible?

That looks similar to implementation of vtuner. See: https://code.google.com/p/vtuner/wiki/BigPicture
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

for this scenario I think vtuner is the only solution.
In order to get the full functionality of a dvb device you will need an app that knows the SAT>IP protocol (like Panasonic TVs, or mobile apps, ...).

However AFAIK, there is a vtuner project that can connect to a satip server, but you will need to compile all the modules into the kernel to have a dvb device on your devices.

Thanks
marian34

Post by marian34 »

cata wrote:...
About OSCAM, I am not sure how powerful is your receiver to be able to decrypt the stream, but yes it should be able to connect to an oscam in the network.
If you have /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 you might be able to use that to decrypt the stream by the hardware receiver.

Thanks
Hi cata,

how did you mean that? How it can be used /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0? Minisatip access to such device automatically? Or what did you mean?

Otherwise, great job. Thanks.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

Yes ca0 can be used to decrypt channels as long as you have a CAM and valid subscription.

Thanks
marian34

Post by marian34 »

Cata thanks,

but maybe we do not understand. I do not mean CA_module.
For example do compilation for DM500 without dvbcsa,dvbca(dont have libdvbcsa,not even CI_slot). I only available local tuner:

Code: Select all

root@dm500 ~ # ls /dev/dvb/card0
ancillary0  ca1         demux1      frontend0   video0
audio0      ca2         dvr0        net0
ca0         demux0      dvr1        sec0
can be used in the decoding device ca0(ca1,ca2)?