minisatip binaries

Support forum for minisatip
retrofan

Re: minisatip binaries

Post by retrofan »

According to DVBVIEWER the specinv in their program is not hardcoded at 0, so maybe it's wrong detected by minisatip?

Also the pids=all parameter doesn't work on my Dreambox. According to you it should work. What could be wrong? I need this parameter as well.
Don't know why the hardware should not be capable to support this.

Anyway, I like minisatip, nice work until now...
Let's fix these issues...

Does the Android app AuroraTV work for you?

So, my wishlist for now:
1. autodetection which works for specinv on Dreambox
2. pids=all support on Dreambox
3. CI+ support for Dreambox (using Engima2 API or directly).
4. support for reading signal strength (isn't correct in DVBViewer)

For each fix I will donate you! ;-) Thanks!
Last edited by retrofan on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

from the log you've posted dvbviewer sends specinv=0:
[28/06 19:20:03.074 main]: read RTSP (from handle 7 sock_id 7, len: 0, sid 0):
[28/06 19:20:03.074 main]: PLAY rtsp://192.168.0.4:554/stream=1?freq=490.75&msys=dvbc&sr=6900&specinv=0&mtype=256qam&pids=0 RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 30
Session: 0846930886

As I have mentioned, if specinv is not specified it will be set to AUTO, but DVBVIEWER does specify it. All you need to do is edit the transponders as they suggest and u can scan the channels.

About pids=all, upload a log, but as far as I know your hardware might not support it.

I did not test Aurora TV yet, but will test as soon as I have some time free.

3) It will be some time until is done.
4) It should work, or at least works with tvheadend and other apps.

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi cata,

I tried the manual fix for DVBViewer in combination with your normal binary and then it also works.
However, other software like AuroraTV didn't work for me.
Also tried DVBLink TVSource which also works with the same transponder lists as DVBViewer, but this one also doesn't work with or without fix.

I received this answer from DVBViewer:

Unfortunately the Sat>IP specifications don't allow to specify parameters as "not set" or "unknown". This is a bad design fault that causes a lot of trouble. So in reception data transmitted to a Sat>IP server spectral inversion must be either on or off. I think the best thing a Sat>IP server can do is to simply ignore this setting and let the DVB hardware auto-detect it, in order to avoid configuration trouble for users.

So, DVBViewer indeed does specify it as this is mandatory to the SAT>IP protocol, but minisatip must try this setting if it gets signal or not. If not, then specinv=1 must be tried and used if it's successful with tuning. So, in the first place minisatip will obey the given specinv parameter but if there's no signal detected it will ignore this and will use the other setting. Luckily there are only two settings possible: on or off. Then I think this issue is fixed. :-) Or you could add an option in minisatip to override the given specinv parameter by other software. Minisatip is the SAT>IP server and the boss :D

Now I'm interested why the pids=all parameter isn't supported by the Dreambox and why AuroraTV doesn't work. Do you know why?

Last question: Is it possible to download a M3U file with found SAT>IP URLs generated by minisatip?
Last edited by retrofan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

in the logs you've posted there is no pids=all request so I cannot see if the hardware supports it or not.

For Aurora if it does not work send me a log and indicate which channel (what time) it does not work.

About the specinv, if dvbviewer does not specify it (as any other parameter) minisatip will use the default "auto" value. In my opinion if I start on the road of ignoring parameters or testing values that work or not, there are many more other parameters that could be tried. For example fec, modulation system, bandwith, and then the tests are going to grow exponentially. The decision of specifying the right parameters comes exclusively from the client.

minisatip cannot save a list of channels at this point. I am not sure if u can convert a channels.conf found by vdr (or dvbscan) to a m3u list.

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi,

AuroraTV doesn't scan channels at all.

Only testing specinv should be fine. No need to test other values.

No problem, I found a tool to create M3U playlists.

Thanks
Last edited by retrofan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Your log still does not have pids=all text inse of the file.
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Another try. I now found the text inside the log.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

as I said, your device does not support it:

[15/07 14:17:24.233 main]: Dumping pids table for adapter 0, pid errors 7
[15/07 14:17:24.233 main]: pid 8192, fd 0, packets 107, d/c errs 0/0, flags 2, pmt -1, filter -1, sids: 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
[15/07 14:17:24.234 main]: failed setting filter on 8192 (Invalid argument), enabled pids 1

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Okay, that's a pity. Thanks for looking.
Do you know why? Maybe because it has a 100MB LAN interface instead of Gigabit and otherwise there would be too much network traffic?
Does it require special hardware or is it just a driver issue?
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

It is a driver issue.