minisatip binaries

Support forum for minisatip
s25a

Re: minisatip binaries

Post by s25a »

Hi,

there's no difference between you Gigablue binary and Vento's binary (in regards to HD Channels not working).
I tried several frequencies not only the one you can see in the logfile. I do not think it's a signal Problem because if so I would have the same issues with the other SATIP Server from Digital Devices.

The second issue I see in comparison to the SATIP Server from Digital Devices is that TVHEADENDs behavouir is different. For instance it is not possible to stream to my mobile device with the TVHEadend App. Wheras with the other SATIP Server it works. Also recordings are not working in TVHeadend whereas with the other SATIP Server no issue.

Somethings different here and maybe we can solve most of it with an actual binary - I would compile that but I have never done before and with the instructions on Github I didN#t understand what to do.

I understand you are busy and there are topis (for instance the CI+) which can wait.

So thank you very much and appreciate your help. I ordered a Gigablue Receiver yesterday and maybe there it will work. I will report back

Thanks

S
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Hello Cata,

my results with the Gigablue Quad HD plus and minisatip, regarding streams decrypted by the CI+ modul, that the SAT>IP Client wil receive crypted channels -> dark screen :-(

Other SD & HD Channels are ok! :-)

My question now is, is it an "issue" or requirement to the receiver and its software or something you can solve with minisatip in the future?

In case if it is a future feature of minisatip, when will it be released?

Many thanks!

Oskar
darki2010

Post by darki2010 »

hello,

now here it runs with this parameter:

minisatip --dmx-source 1:0 -e 0-1 -S 1 -u 1:0-1210,0:1-1420 -l -l -l -f

I can see SD and HD in dvbviewer. The Cable plugin in Tuner A (from behinde the right tuner)
but I think unicable is not running with dvbviewer. I dont know what I have to do with the settings in dvbviewer/minisatip.
And thanks for the sat>IP server !
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi s25a,

my only experience with the cable was that the modulation might be different for HD channels. Did u try something different that 64QAM (probably higher) on HD channels.

About tvheadend, is it running on your mobile or on a computer/linux ?

Hi Oskar,
About the CI+, yes there are soem software requirements for a module to work, briefly some certificates that needs to be sent to the CAM. I have seen many implementations but until I will have to start doing it, I am not sure what more is involved.

Thanks
s25a

Post by s25a »

Hi Cata,

Tvheadend is only my SATIP Client here. It's running on a Mini-PC on Debian JEssie. It receives and then further streams to mobiles, Kodi etc. That's the reason why I use it because it does this quite good.

In regards to modulation? I do not fully understand your question. My understanding is that each channel has a certain freq, Symbolrate and Modulation (and a few more parameters but not important here i think). So when enigma2 plays the channel then my understanding is it should just forward to MINISATIP and that's it. I have some other HD channels but all have the modulation 64qam. With 256 for instance is does not work on Enigma or the other SATIP server.

Thanks

S
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

If you have a log showing of something that does not work, please upload minisatip ( -l -l -l ) and tvh debug log and I can take a look.

About modulation I meant256QAM, as it weird how a specific frequency is not working using same modulation...

One mention, Enigma2 uses the dvb api as minisatip does...enigma does not use minisatip and probably they dont play nice with each other as they both are trying to use the same hardware.

Thanks
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

cata wrote:Hi s25a,

my only experience with the cable was that the modulation might be different for HD channels. Did u try something different that 64QAM (probably higher) on HD channels.

About tvheadend, is it running on your mobile or on a computer/linux ?

Hi Oskar,
About the CI+, yes there are soem software requirements for a module to work, briefly some certificates that needs to be sent to the CAM. I have seen many implementations but until I will have to start doing it, I am not sure what more is involved.

Thanks
Hello Cata,

please let me know, when a first verison with "CI+" capabilities is available. I would like to be a test-user :P :P

Thanks

-Oskar
s25a

Post by s25a »

Hi Cata,

I got my Gigablue QUAD HD today. I started and tested enigma2 - it's working without problems. I can see SD and HD channels.

I stopped Enigma with init 4 and started the minisatip Server. Attached is the logfile. No SIgnal just black picture :-(

4 Cards are installed

Tuner A: DVB-S2
Tuner B: DVB-S2
Tuner C: DVB-C / DVB-T (This one is connected)
Tuner D: DVB-C / DVB-T

In the logile i see that it is recognized by MiniSatIp

Code: Select all

[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 1 mapped to Adapter 0, sys dvbs2
[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 2 mapped to Adapter 1, sys dvbs2
[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 3 mapped to Adapter 2, sys dvbt
[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 4 mapped to Adapter 3, sys dvbt
[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 5 mapped to Adapter 2, sys dvbc
[09/06 20:51:15.143 main]: FE 6 mapped to Adapter 3, sys dvbc
But I do not get it to work.-Can you have a look at the Logfile and help?

Thanks

S
Attachments
minisatip.zip
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi s25a,

please take a look at my script, how I set it up, it will be easier just to delete the file and enigma2 starts automatically.

About your problem, please use --dmx-source parameter as explained before (--dmx-source adapter_id:source_id) and let me know how it works.

Thanks
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

About CI+ I am not sure when it will happen, I looked thru the code and it seems there is a bit of work there...