minisatip binaries

Support forum for minisatip
oldgraf

Re: minisatip binaries

Post by oldgraf »

Yes want encrypted channels with oscam, no need CI.
Only DVB-S2 tunners
Thanks
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

You can buy an ARM computer like odroid c2, orange pi pc2 and then buy a dual DVB-S2 card: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ ... SB_Devices. You need 2x DVB-S2 cards or if you can find a dual card that has linux public drivers.

Or you can buy a enigma2 receiver like: gigablue.de (or similar), you can try the X1, X2, X3 or Quad as long as they have your desired number of tuners (they also support additional tuners).

While the enigma2 receivers might have a slower CPU, they still are able to decrypt the stream in hardware as opposed to ARM computers that does it in software.

Thanks
oldgraf

Post by oldgraf »

@cata Happy New Year

Im little scared about USB tunners :)
Maybe gigablue is good choice. Any info about stability using minisatip and gigablue devices ? Is there a droped packets or something other ?
Any info about Wetek devices and minisatip ?

Thanks
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

about gigablue and software decoding: the receivers with 750Mhz (X1, X2, X3, Ultra UE) might have some issues fully decoding HD streams, the ones with 1300MHZ (Quad plus) should be fine.

For both types, additionally, hardware decrypting is possible, but not fully tested: currently first tuner is OK, but I still have problems sometimes. The additional tuners should be fine for hardware decrypting in the future.

About wetek, if it is android and it has regular dvb devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0/ then it should work, and as long as the CPU is over 1Ghz.

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

cata wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:36 am I will upload a list of minisatip binaries:So far I have included:openwrt mips (ar71xx)gigablue mips (works on VU)sh4 (tested on openatv 5 sh4)All the binaries are compiled statically with libdvca, satip client enabled(so no need for libdvbcsa installed).minisatip_mips_openwrt_dvbcsa.zipminisatip_mips_gigablue_dvbcsa.zipminisatip_sh4.zipLast update: Wed May 24 00:22:00 UTC 2017
Hi, cool!

I would like to try with my Enigma2 Dreambox DM 7020HD.
I use the Gigablue version and installed it with success with telnet. minisatip is discovered, but no channels found.
Can I temporary kill Enigma2 on the fly? Is this really neccessary? And how to activate Enigma2 again via telnet?
Right now port 554 is in use according to the log.
Thanks!
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

put

exit

somewhere in the beginning of /usr/bin/enigma2.sh

reboot your box and enigma will not start
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi thanks! Is there also a way to assign 1 tuner to minisatip and 1 to Enigma2 without killing Enigma2?
By the way, I do have 2 DVB-C tuners. With option -a 0 those will be installed automatically?
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Yes.

You can run minisatip with: -e 1
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

When running Enigma2 and Telnet I also could try this with -e 1 option?
If possible, I don't want to change Enigma2 files.
I'm sorry, I'm new with this, but I want to try minisatip!
So, temporary disable tuners for Enigma2 so I can try minisatip.
And how to remove minisatip from memory with which telnet command?

Is there some tutorial how to get minisatip running for newbies?
Anyway, does somebody use it with success on a Dreambox 7020HD or similar?
I will try again this evening.
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Okay, I did kill enigma2 and run minisatip, but still not found channels in DVBViewer Pro. What can I try to do?