minisatip and satip-receiver and oscam

Support forum for minisatip
woec007

minisatip and satip-receiver and oscam

Post by woec007 »

Hi,

I tried to setup the following configuration:

minisatip on cubietruck (A20 Arm Cortex-A7 Dual-Core Prozessor) as client to a satip receiver (digibit twin), using an oscam server (installed on a vdr pc) to get serverside decryption of decrypted TV channels. Client to minisatip is an other vdr installation.

So, satip receiver works when dircectly used by the vdr client by use of satip-plugin for TV and HDTV channels (FTA).
If I change to use minisatip in between, it works also for FTA channels, but with pixeling artefacts on HDTV channels - seems to be a performance problem of the setup.
Using the oscam server for server side decryption does not work up to now, so please can somebody give me help to get it working ?

Configuration:
minisatip command line: minisatip -y 554 -s satip-server-ip -o oscamserver-ip:2000 -t -l
vdr-client satip-config line: -s minisatip-server-ip:554|DVBS2-1|minisatip

Logs in attachment

Thanks,

woec
Attachments
vdr-client.log.tgz
(20 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
oscam.log.tgz
(70 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
minisatip.log.tgz
(97.9 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
localhosthack0r

Re: minisatip and satip-receiver and oscam

Post by localhosthack0r »

Hi,
I'm running a similar setup here, same aim, server side descrambling:
Digibit R1 with satip-axe --> Ubuntu Server with minisatip and oscam --> vdr with vdr-plugin-satip

I played around a while with the -H, -b and -B options, and read a lot in the github issue tracking of minisatip and satip-axe, where perexg and catalinii doing there great work and giving help and suggestions for users like me. :)

For me the this configuration on ubuntu server is working fine, without any freezes at VDR or in VLC at notebook, tablet,... :

minisatip -H 1:5 -b 4042752 -B 10000 -o 127.0.0.1:2000 -s 192.168.178.24 -s 192.168.178.24 -s 192.168.178.24 -s 192.168.178.24

192.168.178.24 is the digibit (4 tuners, so 4 times -s), oscam is running at the same machine and listens at port 2000 for dvbapi requests.

Additional hint:
I'm currently running minisatip master branch, the 0.7-ca does not do descrambling, at my last attempt, but didn't had free time to do further debugging, yet.

Hopefully this helps you a little with your setup. :)
localhosthack0r

I looked a little into your attached logfiles, in the oscam log a saw, that there are multiple dvbapi clients connected, minisatip as well, as vdr-plugin-dvbapi. I guess vdr-plugin-dvbapi runs on another vdr.

Are you using some adpater offset setting for your dvbapi clients? In the readme of vdr-plugin-dvbapi this is discribed as following
Adapter index offset:
---------------------
When you are using the plugin in network mode, single OSCam server is able to
handle more then one VDR dvbapi clients. The problem is the adapter indexes.

Let's assume the following scenario:
VDR client 1: two DVB adapters (0, 1)
VDR client 2: two DVB adapters (0, 1)

As every VDR host will number devices from zero, then both requests will come
to OSCam with conflicting adapter indexes, resulting in broken decrypting.

To be able to prevent this conflict (and if you want to connect more then one
dvbapi client to the same OSCam server) you need to add a constant value to
all adapter indexes on one of the above host.

There is a command line option "-o" to set this offset by the plugin when
communicating with the OSCam.

If you want to add eg. value 2 as the adapter index offset, then you need to
run vdr like this:
vdr -P"dvbapi -o2"

If you do this on "VDR client 2" from the above scenario it will add value 2
to adapter indexes resulting in:
VDR client 1: two DVB adapters (0, 1)
VDR client 2: two DVB adapters (2, 3) - added offset 2 to indexes

This way all adapters/clients will be handled correctly by single OSCam.

NOTE: you can set this option permanently in setup.conf, like eg:
dvbapi.AdapterIndexOffset = 2
It is not exposed to the plugin setup as it is an advanced option.
I think minisatip has a similar option, meanwhile.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

woec007

Post by woec007 »

Hi,

thank you for your useful hints. At least FTA HD channels work nice with the buffer parameters recommended.
Descrambling by use of oscam server I did not get to work up to now. I changed the adapter offset in minisatip.c (0.7-ca branch) - I did not find this parameter in the master branch version.
So maybe the problem is that I need the master branch version to get descrambling working but have to set the adapter offset for the other client using oscam server.
Further question: Do I need to put modified channels.conf entries for scrambled channels (ca-pid value = 0) ?
Thanks,
woec
localhosthack0r

Hi,
no need to modify the channels.conf.
I have just set "Use CI extension" or in german "Aktiviere CI Erweiterung" in the satip plugin setup menu to "yes".

Edit: The 0.7-ca branch now does descrambling over oscam dvbapi, too, with the latest version!
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

this parameter is present just in 0.7-ca, please let me know if it works for you.

As @localhosthack0r said, ou should not change too much on the vdr side to descramble channels as minisatip does it transparently.

Thanks
woec007

Post by woec007 »

Hi,

thank you for the useful help. I got one step further: by adding the satip-plugin parameter as recommended, the vdr client requests descrambling from oscam - but the screen remains still dark. Do I need also select the proper CI/CAM in the plugin? (I tried it, but no change in behavior)
Further, is the minisatip parameter -t necessary?
If I want to use vlc as client, how is the format for the channel request string?

Below I enclose the logs of the recent try.

Thanks
woec
Attachments
vdr-client-20170626log.tgz
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
oscam-20170627log.tgz
(805 Bytes) Downloaded 509 times
minisatip-20170627log.tgz
(28.89 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
localhosthack0r

Hi,
I don't use the CI/CAM setting of the vdr-plugin-satip.
Neither the -t of minisatip.

Here, two example entries of (VLC-) M3U file lines, from ASTRA 19.2°E, "Das Erste HD" is FTA, "RTL HD" scrambled, "satipserver" has to be replaced with your servers name or IP:

Code: Select all

#EXTINF:0,Das Erste HD
rtsp://@satipserver/?src=1&freq=11494&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&sr=22000&pids=0,5100,5101,5104,5102,5103,5106,5101
#EXTINF:0,RTL HD
rtsp://@satipserver/?src=1&freq=10832&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&sr=22000&pids=0,96,255,32,259,255&x_pmt=96
Let me know if you need something special (other satellite, package,....), for testing, then I try to generate you a list.

I build the M3U file with "OctopusCast Tool" from DigitalDevices
https://www.digital-devices.eu/shop/de/tools
it has options for several satllites and can filter i.e. for FTA/scrambled/TV/Radio....
sharky

Post by sharky »

Hello ,

I also have some problems with choppy RTL HD . I'm using a TBS 5590 with build in CI (Sky and HD+) .

I'm now pretty sure that the choppy RTL Channel does not have to do with minisatip.

Please try to use the m3u files from localhosthack0r to verfy my findings.

Code: Select all

Backend : minisatip Frondend : KODI TVH Plugin             Playback RTL HD Super choppy  , Das Erste HD no problem
Backend : minisatip Frondend : KODI iptv plugin via m3u    Playback RTL HD no problem    , Das Erste HD no problem
Backend : minisatip Frontend : VLC(http)                   Playback RTL HD no problem    , Das Erste HD no problem
Backend : minisatip Frontend : VLC(rtsp)                   Playback RTL HD no problem    , Das Erste HD no problem
Backend : vdr       Frontend : KODI vsni                   Playback RTL HD Super choppy  , Das Erste HD no problem
Backend : dvbviewer Frontend : Dvbview                     Playback RTL HD no problem    , Das Erste HD no problem
For me it looks like it is more a frontend problem.

Thank you so much @localhosthack0r for pointing to OctopusCast Tool something i searched for a while now