Mutant HD2400 minisatip

Support forum for minisatip
retrofan

Mutant HD2400 minisatip

Post by retrofan »

Hi,

I do have a Dreambox DM7020HD and minisatip runs fine on this hardware except the pids=all parameter isn't supported by hardware. However, channelscan is supported.

I also have a Mutant HD2400 and channelscan doesn't find all channels like the DM7020HD, but channels which are found are streamed correctly.
Also on this one: pids=all isn't supported by hardware. Maybe this is a restriction of Enigma2 receivers?

Who can test the channelscan on Mutant HD2400 with DVBViewer and report back over here?
Only difference between HD2400 and DM7020HD is that the Mutant has two combined DVB-T2/C tuners and the Dreambox has only two DVB-C tuners.

Thanks
cata
Site Admin

Re: Mutant HD2400 minisatip

Post by cata »

Hi,

do a scan, upload the log and tell me on which frequency it did not find any channel.

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi,

Okay, I will investigate and let you know. The Mutant is much more powerful than the Dreambox, so I want to have it working ;)

Thanks
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

For minisatip unless you want to use oscam it does not really matter.
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi Catalini,

You received the requested logfile for the Mutant HD2400.
This one partially finds channels. Channelscan is very slow. Don't know why. It's very fast on my Dreambox with DVB-C tuners only.

For example: I miss frequency 514.75, 586,75, 594.75, 706,75, 778.75 and 834.75.
But actually the problem is not the frequency I think, but the combination of adapter and number of pids?
Is there a way to disable other interfaces except DVB-C?

Hope you can fix it. If so, I will give you another donation :D
I want to make this box my SAT>IP server and the Dreambox the SAT>IP client.

Thanks!
Last edited by retrofan on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

try the latest gigablue binary (updated today). You might want to stop any oscam you have running.

In the logs the device accepts a low number of pid filters so I have raised the limit for minisatip to use very close of the number accepted by the hardware.
If not working, please upload a new log.

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi cata,

Thanks for the update. Now it finds more channels, but still not all. In my case 82 out of 122 for FTA channels. For all including scrambled ones 232 out of 330. You received a new log. Hope you can fix it. I am also curious why channelscan is slower with this one compared to my Dreambox which is twice as fast with this, even the unit CPU is slower (400 MHz compared to 1300 MHz).
Maybe it's also neccessary to disable DVB-T2 to speed up channelscan? (My Dreambox has DVB-C only).

The following frequencies are not scanned at all: 586,75 MHz, 594,75 MHz and 834.75 MHz.
In the previous version 50% of the channels are scanned, now it's around 67%. Let's try to increase it again :D

Thanks!
Last edited by retrofan on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

Hi cata,

I just found out when doing a channelscan without filters (FTA/encryption/no data channels), the Mutant finds all channels!
No differences noticed in used images (I tried OpenPLi 4.0 and OpenATV 6.1).
The flags for FTA/encrypted channels aren't always correctly detected on the Mutant, so that's the reason I'm missing channels when using those filters.
Can you fix this, or is this the fault of the DVB hardware? Maybe minisatip could tell if a channel is FTA or not and using this flag? However, the Dreambox has no problems with those flags. The Mutant has this tuner: Silicon Labs Si2169 and the Dreambox the Philips CU1216Mk3.
Anyway, I can watch all available channels except those using CI+ ;)
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Try http://minisatip.org/tmp/minisatip and let me know if there is any change

Thanks
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

I'm sorry, but there is no change.

However, I also tried AuroraTV (Android app) with your latest build of July 26 on Mutant HD2400 and this works great! Even the filters "FTA" and "ALL" are working as it should be! Also, the specinv parameter works correctly (autodetect)

My conclusion so far:

1. DVBViewer Pro works fine on Dreambox DM7020HD with and without "FTA" and "ALL" filters.
2. DVBViewer Pro works on Mutant HD2400, however, without "FTA" and "ALL" filters. (flags detected incorrectly)
3. AuroraTV works fine on Mutant HD2400 even with "FTA" and "ALL" flags/filters using Homing channel instead of transponderlists
4. AuroraTV doesn't work on Dreambox DM7020HD. Doesn't detect signal at all. (?)

So, interesting, but I don't know why the programs are acting differently with minisatip on Dreambox / Mutant. A driver issue?
Last edited by retrofan on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.