Help for a minisatip newbie!!!

Support forum for minisatip
Antoine3_dupres

Help for a minisatip newbie!!!

Post by Antoine3_dupres »

I have a tvheadend configuration working with a tbs5927 tuner, it is working fine.
I am now trying to see from tvheadend the 2 tuners of my vuduo2. I installed the minisatip for the gigablue version.
The question is: What parameters should I use to start minisatip? (Where can I find a clear description of the parameters?)
To begin with, I would kill enigma2 process to free the 2 tuners DVBs2 and would like to share them on tvheadend.

When I run minisatip with no parameter, I can see the tuners in tvheadend, good start!

Thanks to bring the light.
Antoine3_dupres

Re: Help for a minisatip newbie!!!

I made some progress. I connected the laptop running tvheadend to the vuduo2 with a cross cable. So the 2 are connected on a 1gb network.
However:
- sometines the scanning on tvheadend fails....but i can live with that as i manged to have some channel tuned.
- i find the zapping a bit slow. Minisapip seems to buffer a lot before i see an image. What would be good buffer sizes to use?
I have also read that using udp may be better than tcp, but hiw do i control that?

Thanks.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hi,

With the default settings minisatip sends the data every 50ms so it is unlikely to see any buffering coming from minisatip.

You can upload a log, but if you check it, you should see messages like:
BW 190KB/s, Total BW: 3402 MB, ns/read 0, r: 1, w: 25 fw: 0, tt: 0 ms

which indicates that minisatip is sending channel data.

Is the same happening with tbs5927 if you use minisatip ?

Thanks
Antoine3_dupres

You are right, the problem was caused by the vlc viewer.
Antoine3_dupres

I am trying to get more satellites now. However I am hitting again the problem when saning with tvheadend at 3 deg east.
I get this satellite channels pretty well with my vuduo2, so it is not a reception issue.
Find attached the log I get, can you help?
Attachments
minisatip.zip
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 333 times