Can`t get it to work on xtrend 5000 PLi 4.0

Support forum for minisatip
Neckerman

Can`t get it to work on xtrend 5000 PLi 4.0

Post by Neckerman »

Hello, I`ve tried different approaches, however I never get the channels right. I get signal info, I get all sorts of reassuring log messages but in the end nothing happens. I`ve tried different clients, different router, different cables, different images, different startup commands(options), I`ve tried different operating systems, I`ve tried different versions, etc. Here is one log of my last attempt to get channels and one from yesterday. If I have to provide more thorough logs let me know how and I will.
Attachments
minisatipLogs.zip
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
cata
Site Admin

Re: Can`t get it to work on xtrend 5000 PLi 4.0

Post by cata »

Hi,

I do not see anything wrong in the logs. I see you are trying to play with VLC some channels and are streaming. Were you not able to see any channels?

Which other satip clients are you using?

Thanks
Neckerman

Post by Neckerman »

I tried Tvheadend, DVBLink tv-source, Panasonic DVB-IP client, elgato SAT>IP. They all see the server but once I try scanning a given frequency it fails.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Can you try with tvheadend just one frequency and upload logs?
Neckerman

Post by Neckerman »

hello,

I`ve finally managed to get it working! :)
Here are my settings:
>motorised dish 1.2 diseqc pointing to 19.2E
>enigma2-box xtrend ET5000 with Broadcom 7405 and single tuner AVL2108 (DVB-S2); OpenPLi 6.1-release (2018-02-18-release-6.1);minisatip version 0.7.15,with s2api version: 0504;
>cat5e cable from box (static IP) to an unmanaged switch TL-SG108E (100 MBit/s)
>cat5e from switch to an old Apple AirPort Extreme (2012 model) (1 GBit/s)
>Wi-Fi 5GHz to a Panasonic DX701U TV (DVB-IP static IP)

Before I began scanning on the TV I rescanned all of 19.2E on the box ("clear before scan" checked).I also had MgCamd 1.38c running. Logged via ssh to the box as root, stopped enigma2 with "init 4" command and started minisatip from "/bin/minisatip" (where I also had the "/bin/html/" folder) with:

minisatip -a 1:0:0 -E --dmx-source 0:0 -f -o /tmp/camd.socket -t --demux-dev 1 -R /usr/html/ -l http

Then, I went to the TV, chose DVB-IP ,chose "Unicast", chose "minisatip server" reporting 1-DVBS tuner, chose "scan all channels" and about 20 min later I had ~1300 channels found, out of which all FTA channels worked.Subtitles,audios,EPG,EIT, hbbTV, teletext was all there and working.

Now, I`ll figure out how to setup Oscam server to watch the encrypted channels as well. However,considering I have been trying to get this to work for awhile, today is a huge step forward.Hope this helps someone else like me.

thanx:)
~