MiniSatIP on VU+Ultimo vs. Digibit R1

Support forum for minisatip
cata
Site Admin

Re: MiniSatIP on VU+Ultimo vs. Digibit R1

Post by cata »

I personally use OprnATV but with pli should not be an issue. In grneral it should not matter much as all are using same drivers.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

I usually also make sure enigma is in standby at startup, so it does not uses the DVB adapters so I can use minisatip.

Probably is better to have a smaller image, but if you are interested in creating something like that you will have my support. In general I am short on time to be able to work on another projects and I do not have much time for minisatip either.

About Digibit R1 vs Vu ultimo, I would probably think about the new arm (4K) FBC receivers. They are still in development, however the hardware is much superior to both VU ultimo and R1.

Thanks
kianusch

Enigma Images

Post by kianusch »

What I did was to crate a MiniSatIP.sh startup script.
Configure this script for runlevel 4 in etc /etc/inittab (as this runlevel ist not used in the VTI image) and changed initdefault (also in /etc/inittab) to 4.

During normal boot - enigma does not get started - minisatip is default.
But I can switch between enigma2 and minisatip. (by simply calling "init 3" or "init 4")

One thing yet missing - I have to activate the second tuner in the ULTIMO via UniCable ... :)
Last edited by kianusch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kianusch

Post by kianusch »

For SAT>IP scenario ... does one need a (superior) FBC tuner at all - are the standard tuners not sufficient?
My ULTIMO is not 4K capable - but minisatip passes the 4K signal to the SAT>IP - TV client - and my 4K TV has no problem with that.
One cool thing about R1 is the quatro tuner - and - ultimo has at least a build in dual S2 tuner - and can also be upgraded to more tuners.