EOVERFLOW on oscam

Support forum for minisatip
kianusch

EOVERFLOW on oscam

Post by kianusch »

Hello,

One more problem I encountered on my VU+ULTIMO ...

I'm using oscam via TCP-DVBAPI. ( -1 2 -o 192.168.x.x )

Most decoding work fine - e.g. ORF HD (CAID 0D95) and others. But when trying to decode HD+ e.g. Pro7 HD, SAT1 HD, etc. (CAID 1843) - I get an EOVERFLOW ...

The funny thing is - when zapping to a HD+ channel, I do get one image&sound ... and than in freezes...

I tried to look a the source code ... and got to dvb.c / dvb_psi_read() ... but have no idea how to fix the problem myself :)

Regards
Attachments
log.zip
(31.85 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
cata
Site Admin

Re: EOVERFLOW on oscam

Post by cata »

One reason EOVERFLOW happens with decoding is slow CPU.
kianusch

Post by kianusch »

But ... why would only decoding HD+ not work, where as decoding of other services like AUSTRIA SAT (ORF) or SKY works without a problem?
Anyway - would it work better, if I placed, let's say, a raspberry between minisatip and my SAT>IP client? Would decoding be done on the raspberry than?

One more question - I've patched the source, to filter out unwanted CAIDs (in the find_pi() code) - the code look like it would work - but still, even if I filter unwanted CAIDs - my oscam does see filtered CAIDs. I assume you don't use PMT only to find the CAID for decoding?
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

It all depends on the bitrate of the channel.

Yes you can setup the raspberry but you should look into the local socket option with oscam.

Yes your oscam see the filtered caids becausethe ebtire PMT is sent to oscam.