Support for IGMP Snooping (multicast) and diseq questions

Support forum for minisatip
jur

Support for IGMP Snooping (multicast) and diseq questions

Post by jur »

Hello,

I have a managed switch tp-link TL-SG108e which uses IGMP snooping. After some time it disables sending of multicast 239.255.255.250 frames to minisatip, because it didn't send a frame using this multicast address for some time. The effect is that the client can't find minisatip. To fix this problem minisatip needs to send a frame on the multicast address, e.g. repeating the notify should work.
As a workaround I disabled IGMP snooping in the managed switch and the clients can find the server.

Sorry when this was already asked, the search function is not working in this forum. When I search for the term multicast, there is some timeout reached for the script.

I have another question: I couldn't find a client which is working and supporting several satellites, so I can't test it, but it seems that minisatip doesn't support LNB parameters for the different diseq positions. My setup has 2 satellites with different LNB frequencies. Can you tell me how to setup a different frequency for the second diseq position? Or maybe I am misunderstandig the design of satip.
As the clients only support one satellite, is there a way to force diseq position B?

As my dish is also rotatable, but not controlled by diseq, it would be nice when you add the feature to execute a bash script when the sat position has to be changed. So I would be able to implement it. BTW this needs several seconds and as I have also 2 LNBs which are controlled by diseq, there are several combinations possible. As one LNB is a twin, this may have effect on the second adapter. A way to read the signal strength and quality would help in optimizing the dish position.
cata
Site Admin

Re: Support for IGMP Snooping (multicast) and diseq questions

Post by cata »

Hi,

What is the question regarding the IGMP traffic ? In general in tvheadend (not sure which client you are using) you can specify the satip xml of the server, you can use that without IGMP.

Diseqc is by default set on an adapter. If the client sends &src=1&.... the first diseqc input is selected. If src=2, then the second and so on.

I believe this scenario is not supported. If you are a developer and want to add the code for that, I can help out.
jur

Re: Support for IGMP Snooping (multicast) and diseq questions

Post by jur »

My question is: Can someone add support for IGMP join and leave messages as described in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2236?

I am using tivizen for Android and iPad. It seems I can't configure anything there what you mentioned.