Limit video PIDS or connections to tuner

Support forum for minisatip
sardonis

Limit video PIDS or connections to tuner

Post by sardonis »

I'm doing some further testing with a Linux pvr backend and I stumble into a problem for which I haven't found a solid solution yet.

I have 2 DVBC tuners with each a CI module from my provider. The cam can only descramble 3 channels at the same time. The 4th recording of a channel on the same mux results in a scrambled ts file because it uses the same tuner that is already in use. It doesn't switch to the secondary tuner.

How can I achieve that the 4th recording will make use of the second tuner with a CI module? All 4 channels are on the same mux.

I run the DVBC tuners on a linux system with minisatip. Then I add the minisatip server 2x as input hardware source in the Dvbviewer media server. Actually, I have the same problem when I use tvheadend as backend.

Is this something that minisatip can take care of?
cata
Site Admin

Re: Limit video PIDS or connections to tuner

Post by cata »

The current logic cannot handle such case. All the channels on one frquency are allocated on the same adapter.

But TVH controlls the adapters by itself, basically tells minisatip which tuner to use. So if tvh supports it, then it could work. However I am not aware of such functionality.

The only other way would be to hack get_free_adapter.c in adapter.c
sardonis

Post by sardonis »

Unfortunately, I don't shit about programming :(

The approach of TVH is to 'maybe' implement such feature in the future.

https://tvheadend.org/issues/4933
9000h

Post by 9000h »

Hi,

for the Fritz!box 6490 and 6590 the restriction are gone with Fritz OS 7, so for this devices there is no need to implement any additional Quirks.

CU
9000h