Excessive CPU load Openatv6.3 JamesDonkey HW

Support forum for minisatip
ccdmas

Excessive CPU load Openatv6.3 JamesDonkey HW

Post by ccdmas »

Hi.

I just started playing with all this, I got myself this device https://www.opena.tv/jamesdonkey-images ... d-duo.html, got it working in priniciple (aka it works fine watching anything I want using it directly attached to a TV), and am now trying to use it for my dvbviewer setup with minisatip, and am unsuccesful so far.

I'm running the most recent OpenATV 6.3 build, and added minisatip using opkg. It *is* working technically, as I can (most of the time) scan the sat channels from dvbviewer, but I'm unable to watch anything seriously. If it works at all, it's highly distorted and stutters, interstingly HD channels work a bit better than SD channels. Often I simply get no picture when selecting a channel.

AFAICS, the issue is high CPU load. As soon as minisatip starts, TOP shows a spike to +90% CPU load for several seconds. It settles down after a while until I access it from a client, then the CPU immediately hits +90% for minisatip again and stays there.

I tried both running against 127.0.0.1:8554 as well as against the local tuners after killing enigma2, with the same result.

I'd appreciate any hint in the right directions. I'm really only interested in using the two SAT receivers for regular FTA channels for my Dvbviewer installation.

Thanks!
ccdmas

Re: Excessive CPU load Openatv6.3 JamesDonkey HW

Post by ccdmas »

More detail: Tried the latest build from here: Still same effect.
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Hey,

are you trying to watch encrypted channels ?
If yes, does clear channels work ?
The CPU is 1Ghz which should not be an issue.
ccdmas

Post by ccdmas »

Hi. Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late answer.

No, I'm not trying any encrypted channels at all, just FTA.