Channel lists

Support forum for minisatip
UKenGB

Channel lists

Post by UKenGB »

When testing with VLC, it can see the HDHomeRun tuner and the pci Sat tuners/minisatip in the server, but for the HDHR, there is a list of channels, whereas no channel list for minisatip. Presumably this is because I need to prepare the channel list for minisatip to present. But what is the format of this file, or files?

I have seen m3u files and in another thread on here a lineup.json, but what does minisatip require and in the case of lineup.json what is the meaning of Guidenumber? Can I create my own numbers for any order I want, or do they have to correspond to actual tranmission channel/stream numbers?

I would like to make this available for Plex to use. Does that have any special requirements? If so what?

Could really do with some documentation on all this so I don't have to keep asking questions, but hopefully someone can answer.

Thanks.
cata
Site Admin

Re: Channel lists

Post by cata »

You can try providing -p path_yo_playlist.m3u argument and see if that will help.
Mimisatip will inform the client about the playlist but I am unsure which clients support this feature.
Please feel free to document your progress on the wiki page: https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip/wiki
UKenGB

Post by UKenGB »

So should that be just an m3u, or the lineup.json I have seen in another thread, or is that just for Plex and if so, why is that different and what is the format? Guidenumber?
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

I think officially is m3u. Not sure how other clients acts when reading it.