Mediaportal 2

Support forum for minisatip
litefoot

Mediaportal 2

Post by litefoot »

Hi

i just discovered the sat>ip thingy and i love the idea, so i read and setup raspian on rpi3
i'm just testing with a atsc NA device(hauppauge 950q)
i can see the minisat web page
now my only possible server to attach this minisatip source is mediaportal 2

my question is am i too far gone to think this will ever work?

heheheh lotsa great info

reason i'd rather keep using media portal as the main server is i already have atsc(hdhomerun) and sat(skywalker) configured to a Tee.

any help or insults are welcome :)
cata
Site Admin

Re: Mediaportal 2

Post by cata »

Hi,

minisatip is able to report an ATSC tuner, however I did not test mediaportal 2.
As far as I know, tvheadend (latest git version) is the only tested server that supports a satip server that is attached to an ATSC tuner (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=411)

I am not sure if mediaportal will work beause satip was created for european market so atsc or isdbt is not used there and the standard does not mention them.

Having said that, I think the changes should not be major on mediaportal side to enable ATSC.

Thanks
litefoot

Post by litefoot »

thanks for the reply cata

by mediaportal supporting atsc you mean as iptv source right, cuz it does support hdhomerun which is a ip based tuner
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Yes, i mean as satip source.

Give it a try, if it detects it as source half of the work is done.

Basically to report an atsc satip tuner, minisatip sends a string like "ATSCT-2" or "ATSCC-2" indicating it has 2 tuners available.

Thanks
litefoot

Post by litefoot »

As far as i know, the only reason mediaportal sees the hdhomerun is because there is a driver installed in the pc running MP2

i re read your last post and noticed i hadnt answered the MP2 sees minisatip, it does not
i also tried to add a virtual iptv card in mp2 , also doesnt see anything on the ports i tried
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Feel free to open a post on the mediaportal forum.

I can help if someone from mediaportal is interested in implementing the feature.

Thank you
litefoot

Post by litefoot »

ok i will cuz i'm very interested to get this working and have other means to get tuners over ip
litefoot

Post by litefoot »