[Enigma2 / Openatv 6.3] minisatip for DVB-C "after" Oscam?

Support forum for minisatip
JoePS

[Enigma2 / Openatv 6.3] minisatip for DVB-C "after" Oscam?

Post by JoePS »

Hi,

What I read so far about minisatip sounds very interesting. I already gave it a trial on my Axas HIS 4K Combo Receiver (Enigma2, Openatv, newest updates).

I do only use DVB-C (Cable TV from Unitymedia, Germany), including a subscription for several HD TV channels. Therefore, I am having a UM smartcard, which is constantly in the cardreader of the set top box. Oscam is running properly with a reader that I configured myself for the V23 NDS Videoguard smartcard.

After installing minisatip and starting it with "/etc/init.d/minisatip start" [according to https://www.opena.tv/openatv-6-2-image- ... post356068] the minisatip SAT>IP runs for a while, visible via the webinterface box-ip:8080.

Do I understand it correctly that minisatip as SAT>IP server only starts up after processing Enigma2 (including Oscam decryption) ... thus, it should provide decrypted channels to other clients with EPG? And this should not work only for DVB-S2, but also for DVB-C?

But:
a) the DVB-C tuner is not shown within the webinterface (only DVB-T2, which is not in use).
b) the Axas receiver crashes a couple of minutes later. I have to do a plug-off / plug-in from electrical power to do a restart.
c) the DVBViewer Pro, which runs on a Windows 10 PC (here as a client), can't do a proper channel scan, despite the fact it finds the minisatip immediately.

What can I do regarding further analysis and solving this issue?

By the way: is my

Thanks in advance,
Joe
STB (Triple Receiver): Axas His 4K Combo; OS: Enigma2 / Openatv
9000h

Re: [Enigma2 / Openatv 6.3] minisatip for DVB-C "after" Oscam?

Post by 9000h »

Hi,
if I get it right you have to stop Enigma to use minisatip.

CU
9000h
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Epg and scanning does not work when minisatip uses Enigma as described in the openatv forum. That is because the drivers are buffering a large amiunt of data. For EPG and svanning it ends up caching couple of minutes and by that time the client gives up.

If you stop enigma (standby) and start just minisatip it should work with epg and scanning with the caveat that I did not see anybody else using your box.
JoePS

Post by JoePS »

Thanks. I made various tests. It didn't work at all. Particularly, I putted the Axas receiver to standby (nothing broadcasted) and started minisatip. There was no change. In the webinterface - box-ip:8080 - only DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 are listed as tuners. DVB-C is not listed. After a couple of minutes the Axas receiver cashed.

On the client side (Windows 10 PC Intel NUC 5i5RYH), DVBViewer Pro couldn't find any TV channel/station during a scan, which will not work in general, according to your hints. Thus, how can I test whether minisatipip works properly for DVB-C in conjunction with DVBViewer as client - without DVBV scan?

I do have an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with Kodi. Is there a PVR Addon that should work easily with minisatip? If yes: which one? And how to configure? (This could be an alternative to the Kodi PVR Addon "VU+ / Engima2".)

But: also the App "SAT>IP TV" (SES S.A.) on the iPad doesn't find a DVB-C tuner (thus, no DVB-C channels are available). The DVBViewer software and the SAT>IP TV app are seeing/finding minisatip immediately within my home network. Regards, Joe
STB (Triple Receiver): Axas His 4K Combo; OS: Enigma2 / Openatv
cata
Site Admin

Post by cata »

Please feel free to upload loads.

Run ./minisatip -f -l http| tee /tmp/log
9000h

Post by 9000h »

Hi,
if you look in the sources at github you can see the "App "SAT>IP TV" (SES S.A.)" supports only DVB-S.

CU
9000h